The new rates for the National Minimum Wage and the National Living Wage from April 2018 are set out below:
- £7.83 per hour for ages 25 and over
- £7.38 per hour for ages 21 to 24
- £5.90 per hour for ages 18 to 20
- £4.20 per hour for those under 18
- £3.70 per hour for apprentices.
For your boss to pay the apprenticeship rate there must be a genuine apprenticeship agreement in place. This agreement must be based on training being the main purpose of the agreement, with working being secondary.
The apprenticeship rate only applies to apprentices aged: